- Drive your very own Tuk Tuk through stunning countryside
- Spend time with elephants as you feed, walk and help bathe them at a superb small elephant home.
- Float on a bamboo raft along the river for a very different perspective of the Chiang Mai
- Transport & Professional Guide included
WHAT TO EXPECT
This is the perfect combination of adventure and sightseeing. Experience The Tuk Tuk car on the stunning one-day Northern Thailand adventure. Unleash your inner Tuk Tuk driver as well as spending time at an awesome elephant home and then floating gently down river on a bamboo raft.
> Experience the magic of Northern Thailand
> Learn how to drive Tuk Tuk with your friends
> A fantastic experience for you and the elephants!
> A great opportunity to see Chiang Mai in a different angle
You will receive an email confirmation of your booking within 1 business day. With the e-voucher attached. In the unlikely case you don’t receive the email please do check your spam folder before notifying us via email at [email protected]
- 07:45 am: Join us at our meeting point for your transfer to the Tuk Tuk base camp
- 09:30 am: Arrival in Mae Wang, and begin your driving training
- 10:30 am: Head through tiny rural roads, snaking through farming villages and past rural Temples
- 11:30 am: Arrive at the elephant home, to not only learn about the past, present and future of the Thai Elephant but also have the opportunity to interact with them, and help the mahouts feed them. After feeding the elephants, it’s time to sit down to a some hearty and filling Thai food for lunch
- 13:00 pm: After lunch, walk with the mahouts and their elephants through the local countryside to the river to help the mahouts wash the elephants.
- 15:00 pm: Time to enjoy some water activities of a different kind as you float lazily along the local river on a traditional bamboo raft
- 16:00 pm: Jump back into your Tuk Tuk and wind your way back down the valley enjoying your last moments behind the wheel of a real Thailand ‘icon’
- 16:45 pm – 18:00 pm: Go back in Chiang Mai city
HOW TO TRIP?
- You can present either a printed or a mobile voucher for this activity
- An operator will reconfirm your pick up time in advance
Transport information –
- Transfer is included
- Pick up from Chiang Mai Gate Hotel at 07:45 am – other locations from 08:00 am onwards. Return to Chiang Mai city between 17:30 pm/ 18:00 pm
- After booking, operator will contact you to organize the pick-up
- Please be at the hotel lobby 10 minutes before pick up time
|Transport||Free Hotel Pick-Up|
Book the trip
Day Excursion in Tuk Tuk I Full Day
- Transfers to and from Chiang Mai city
- Your very own Tuk Tuk (up to 3 travelers per vehicle)
- Tuk Tuk driving training
- A visit to a local elephant home
- Lunch at the elephant home
- Bamboo rafting along the local river
- Free water throughout the day
- Passionate and professional tour guides
- Learning about, feeding and bathing elephants
- No riding is allowed at local elephant home
Key Details List
- Languages: English / Thai
- Restriction: Children under 7 years old are not recommended; All drivers must be aged 18 or over and hold a valid manual driving license
- Departure location: Chiang Mai
- Arrival location: Chiang Mai
- The maximum group size for each trip is 18 and 3 adventurers per Tuk Tuk.
- Cancellation: No Refund
Insider Tips/What to Bring
- Comfortable, lightweight clothes for during the day and when in the Tuk Tuk (if you’re traveling between November and February don’t forget a warm jacket/jumper/ trousers for the cool evenings).
- Swimming stuff
- A hat
- Changing clothes for the evenings
- Budget for are any soft – drinks and alcoholic drinks you might want, 500 (฿) is more than enough
- All the Tuk Tuk’s are original, classic ‘Bangkok style’ Tuk Tuk’s with the relevant registrations to allow them to be driven by the group on all the roads taken during the tour
- No-one is forced to drive! There is space for 2 people comfortably on the back seats
- All travellers must ensure that they conform to local traffic laws and agree to abide by the driving rules of The Tuk Tuk Club – this is for everyone’s safety.